Tuesday, 29 October 2013

There has been quite some time since the last major update of Evanova, but it's here and it at last has the Odyssey skills updated. Get it from Google Play or Amazon Store.

And for the usual breakdown of new features and additions:

Features

  • You can now install API keys directly from the Eve Online site; use the "Install" button on that page from your device, or select "Eve Online" from the API Keys screen.
  • Market data is available for individual items in the Items Database. Swipe more to get to them.
  • Capsuleers can now view their kill logs and Corporations have a new "Starbase" screen with Player Owned Station information.

User Interface

  • The navigation drawer on tablets behaves much nicer than it used to.
  • Evanova now fully utilizes the Android ActionBar.
  • An indicator has been added on views that are swippable.
  • The bottom icon bar has been removed from some screens to make room for more content.
  • There is no longer an individual refresh button. Capsuleer and Corporation data refreshing is now automated and better at handling network operations (although you may notice a glitch or three).

Screenshots coming soon (TM).

13 comments:

  1. Hi.

    After installing the update I get an "Unfortunately, Evanova has stopped." message.

    I'm using an HTC Desire C without an SD card, which wasn't a problem before the update.

    Otherwise it's a a great app. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guthrie

      Do you get this problem each time and can't use the app or is it a one-time issue?

      Delete
  2. I get it all the time, so can't use the app at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think it's the absence of the SD card. Evanova assumes you have some sort of "external storage" (whatever that is, it is device dependent). I'll try to look at it but if you can try putting in a SD card, that would help pinpoint the problem.

      Delete
  3. The corporation industry jobs don't load since the last update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I've fixed this issue 1h ago and it will be in the next update, after Rubicon is out ;-)

      Delete
  4. Since the last update, mine will not update automatically. It will update if I refresh it, but it will only give notifications right when I restart my phone. I have a DROID RAZR. I have checked all the settings and made sure they were all set to refresh and notify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      There has been a few reports about Evanova not updating data. A workaround is to disable the cache (but be careful with this and set it back after a while).

      I have tried to look at the issue but couldn't find anything. I suspect however that the notification issue has something to do with this.

      While this unlikely that this bug has fixed itself, would you mind coming back to me after the next update (in a few hours/days)?

      Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Hey, I wanted to let you know that this bug still persist after the update for Rubicon. It will not auto update or notify. I have messed around with all the settings and even the cache settings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been having trouble since I DLed the app. I've tried to manually input my API key and have also installed it through the app. I've also generated a new API key for my character in the attempt to upload a "clean" key but so far nothing has worked, the app still says the keys are invalid.

    any idea how to clear this up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply.

      What is exactly the message that is displayed on your key?
      Also, which method are you using to import them? (I strongly suggest the Eve Online method).

      Delete
  7. The PoS fuel timer is far from accurate. Other than that I like the app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The POS timers don't take into account the bonus you get from sovereignty so that's why the numbers may be off. I hope to have a closer look at it later on but sovereignty data are huge and that's a big download each day to keep them accurate.

      Delete